FROM THE CAMPSITE
AMBIALET, A PENINSULA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TARN
IDEALLY LOCATED TO DISCOVER EMBLEMATIC PLACES OF OUR REGION, LIKE AMBIALET
Ambialet is a village located 50 minutes from Cahuzac-sur-Vère and 30 minutes from Albi. It is famous for its particularity: that of being a village built on a peninsula carved by the meanders of the Tarn. It offers a beautiful panorama. Moreover, it is divided into two parts: Ambialet-le-bas and Ambialet-le-haut. This very particular situation makes it a curiosity to see absolutely!
AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
You can also visit the hamlets around the village:
- La Condomine : it is a hamlet around the Saint-Pierre church.
- Bonneval : you can see the ruins of the Trancavel castle. It is also crossed by the GR36 hiking trail.
During your walk in the lower part of the village you can visit thechurch Saint-Gilles. It is of Romanesque construction. Recently restored, it hosts exhibitions from June to September. You can also enter Notre-Dame-de-la-Capelle. This one would have been the chapel of the old castle of the Trancavel.
In the surroundings of Ambialet and during a marked out walk, you can also discover the underground of Oubièges. It was discovered in 1959. You can also see a small excavation. This one can make think of a lookout post.
THE LOCATION OF OUR CAMPSITE IN THE TARN,
ALLOWS YOU TO DISCOVER MANY NATURAL AND UNUSUAL PLACES IN OUR BEAUTIFUL DEPARTMENT.
AMBIALET DRESSES UP AND COMES ALIVE FOR SUMMER
Each year, the village also organises a blues festival (23 and 24 June), with concerts and the possibility of eating out. At the beginning of August, the village holds its annual festival with fireworks and a torchlight canoe trip down the Tarn.
Photo ©GALAUP Laurent
- For a more unusual visit, it is possible to visit the hydroelectric power station in July and August.
- There is plenty of café entertainment during July and August.
- The village has a picnic area near the village hall. You can also sit on the banks of the Tarn at Ambialet or at La Condomine near the village square.