FROM THE CAMPSITE
OUR CAMPSITE NEAR ALBI
OFFERS YOU AN ESCAPE TO HISTORY AND CULTURE IN THE EPISCOPAL CITY OF ALBI
Albi is a magnificent city. A must-see during your stay in the Tarn, it will certainly be your first destination from the campsite Le Soleil des Bastides, located near Albi. Classified as a Unesco heritage site since 2010, Albi is a city that can be visited on foot.
This charming walk revolves around two of the city's most important monuments: the Sainte-Cécile cathedral and the Palais de la Berbie. But many other things await you...
ALBI, AN EXCEPTIONAL HERITAGE
A FEW MINUTES FROM YOUR CAMPSITE IN THE TARN
- St Cecilia's Cathedral is the largest brick cathedral in the world.
- The Palais de la Berbie is one of the oldest castles in France. A historical monument since 1862, it now houses the Toulouse-Lautrec museum (a famous painter from Albi). If you want to visit the palace and the museum, you should allow at least two hours. Need some shade and nature? We advise you to go to the gardens of the Palace. They are freely accessible. From these gardens, you will have a panoramic view on the banks of the Tarn and the surroundings of the city.
Still open to the public and in the heart of the city, you will not miss :
- The collegiate church of Saint-Salvi: it is a mixture of stone and brick, testimony to various architectural phases.
- The Saint-Salvi cloister : built in 1720, allows you to rest and find freshness under its arcades. In the center of the cloister, you will find a garden. Today, it has become a vegetable garden available to passers-by.
Photo ©Benh LIEU SONG
CITY OF MUSEUMS
Albi is also a city of museums. In addition to the Toulouse-Lautrec museum, you can visit :
- The Lapérouse museum, dedicated to the famous navigator born in Albi, sailor of the King died in exploration.
- You can also discover an original museum: theacademy of miniatures. There are 66 miniature showcases where living quarters are presented.
- The fashion museum, with thousands of pieces presented according to different themes each year.
- At 15 min from Albi, you will also find the Saut du Tarn museum. It is installed in an old metallurgical factory. The building is classified as a historical monument. You will discover the history of the site in the 19th and 20th centuries and the living conditions of the workers.
Photo ©VIJORVIC Daniel
DISCOVER THE TARN DIFFERENTLY,
THANKS TO THE CENTRAL POSITION OF THE CAMPSITE LE SOLEIL DES BASTIDES NEAR ALBI.
OF THE SOLEIL DES BASTIDES CAMPSITE
- If you like to walk and need nature, we recommend you to take l'échappée verte. This 4 km route allows you to follow the banks of the Tarn. Three paths are proposed in a superb green and fresh setting.
- Every summer, Albi proposes the festival Pause Guitare on the leisure base of Pratgraussal. Stay in our camping near Albi and enjoy the festival.
- At 20 minutes from Albi, you will find the leisure center and the port of Aiguelèze. From there, you will be able to travel on the Tarn river in "gabarres" (boats) with 1 hour and 45 minutes trips.