VISIT THE GORGES OF THE TARN
FROM THE CAMPSITE
A TRIP TO THE SOURCES OF THE TARN
FROM OUR CAMPSITE IN OCCITANIA
A listed natural site since 2002, the Tarn gorges will allow you to discover magnificent landscapes along your route. Fifty kilometres of discovery await you. The Tarn gorges are located 2 hours from the Soleil des Bastides campsite and also 2 hours from Albi - this is an outing to plan for a long day.
WITH PICTURESQUE VILLAGES
Located on the edge of the Regional Park of the Grands Causses,the gorges of the Tarn will impress you with their cliffs tinted with ochre, reddish or black streaks. All along your route, you will find many typical villages. Among them :
- Sainte-Énimie : classified among the most beautiful villages of France. Note that the origin of the village comes from a monastery built in the 6th century.
Its streets are paved with pebbles from the Tarn. The village also offers many activities during the summer: a comic book festival on the last weekend of June, a visit of the medieval city with a historian is proposed from July 12 to August 9. To participate, you have to go to the Tourist Office at 10 am.
- Florac : it is the capital of the Cevennes National Park. In this village, you should not miss the source of the Peach Tree. It gushes out of a big rocky scree.
- Saint-Chély du Tarn : located southwest of Sainte-Énimie, the village is situated between the river and a cliff. You will find here an authentic village with its stone houses. From this village, you can appreciate the panorama on the cirques of Saint-Chély and Pougnadoires.
Photo ©Szeder László
You have understood it, our family campsite in the Tarn
is the ideal place to spend your vacations.
OF THE GORGES DU TARN
Along the way, you will find beautiful castles:
- The castle of Prades : this one was built at the beginning of the 13th century. It will seduce you with its chapel and its square tower.
- The castle of La Caze : located in Laval-du-Tarn, this castle will impress you with its horseshoe-shaped tower connected to the south façade by a cutaway.
- The castle of Peyrelade: it was built between the 12th and 16th centuries. It is known to have been one of the most impressive fortresses in Rouergue in the Middle Ages. Stop in front of its keep-rock.
Photo ©Pierre Bona
Not in the mood for motors? You can also travel the river by canoe. What to have fun while admiring the landscape.
You can also try caving, climbing or rafting.
Many discoveries await you during your stay. Are you convinced by the central location of our small campsite in Occitania?
Photo ©Persegol Eric