VISIT CAHUZAC SUR VÈRE
FROM THE CAMPSITE
THIS IS THE VILLAGE WHERE OUR CAMPSITE IS LOCATED IN THE TARN
CAHUZAC SUR VÈRE, A SMALL TYPICAL VILLAGE OF OUR REGION
Ideally located between Gaillac and Cordes-sur-Ciel, our unusual campsite in the Tarn welcomes you in a hilly landscape, bathed in soft light in the heart of the Gaillac vineyards. The village of Cahuzac sur Vère is accessible on foot from the campsite Le Soleil des Bastides and has an interesting historical heritage. For the curious: the name of Vère comes from "véra": "arched in Occitan". Thus, we can see that the course of the Vère forms an arc.
BY WALKING THROUGH THE VILLAGE,
YOU WALK THROUGH HISTORY
- Thechurch of Saint-Thomas : the result of 4 chapels built successively.
- Thechurch of Lintin : today it is used as an exhibition hall.
- The old door : on the wall of the bank, a plate indicates where a door of the castle of Cahuzac was located.
- At 6 min from the village, you can discover the village of Vieux with its church dating from the 17th century .
- The Saint-Vincent cemetery : the oldest place in the village. It ends the ridge called "La Dévèze".
You have understood it, our family campsite in the Tarn
is the ideal place to spend your vacations.
DISCOVER THE VILLAGE AND ITS SURROUNDINGS DIFFERENTLY
July and August are two good months to discover or rediscover the village. You will be able to go to :
- At the village festival which takes place from 7 July to 9 August
- At the concert evenings organised by the Association Opéra Soleil in the second week of August. This takes place on the church square.
You can also walk along the three hiking trails starting from Cahuzac-sur-Vère:
- The path of the Laundries.
- The path from the Vère to the Saint Hissou.
- Vineyards and castles: you can see vineyards and dovecotes.
Photo ©WALTER Pascale
The domaine des Peyres Roses, located in the village, is organizing the Wine House festival on July 22. This is the first edition of this festival. There will be open-air cinema, exhibitions and concerts. The program is available on the Facebook page of the event.
The château-musée de Cayla, located in Andillac, 5 minutes from Cahuzac-sur-Vère, is a writer's house dating from the 19th century . It houses 2000 literary documents.
- A literary route through a 27-hectare park
- A tour of the house
Photo ©WALTER Pascale